Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's been a while since the Olema retreat but I thought I would still share some of my reflections on the retreat. Hope thinking about the retreat brings back some good memories for everyone. A belated thank you to all those who organized the retreat and also to those who uploaded photos.

Instinct, Intellect and Intuition:
I wanted to share some reflections after the discussion we had at the Olema retreat regarding intuition. I had asked Swami Prabhudananda a question during the discussion about what intuition is. He answered that buddhi (reasoning/intellect) has to do with rationality but intuition is something much greater and capable of giving real clarity and guidance.

I think we usually tend to operate in the realms of instinct (or impulse) and intellect (including the emotions). It is no wonder that we make so many mistakes and experience the consequences of those. I hope Swamiji's answer gives us food for thought and helps us step back from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. May we strive everyday to connect to and use the third "i" - intuition.

Best wishes,
Rashmi

No comments:

Post a Comment